Steps to learn acrylic painting
Beginning to learn acrylic painting, you must first know the tools and materials for painting, and then master the basic steps of acrylic painting, which generally include: selecting objects; starting drafts; coloring (light colors, dark parts, and basic colors first); details; overall adjustment and other links. Acrylic painting techniques and steps can be treated like watercolor and gouache. It can be thick or thin, dry or wet, and requires a lot of practice.
1. Painting tools and materials for acrylic painting
1. Painting tools: For acrylic painting, general oil brushes, painting knives, Chinese brushes, watercolor brushes, board brushes, sponges, loofahs, etc. can be used. Use non-absorbent ceramic, glass, and enamel containers for color palettes and pen washes to prevent them from being cleaned.
2. Painting paper: Because the main preparation of acrylic paint has a large water content, it is more suitable to paint on rough bottom surfaces that are easy to absorb water, such as cardboard, cotton cloth, wood board, fiberboard, cement wall, hemp textured metal surface, stone wall Wait.
3. Pigments: There are many types of acrylic paints on the market. For beginners, a 24-color set is enough. Tubes of paint are a popular form of packaging. It's compact and lightweight, with vibrant colors and a well-controlled amount of extrusion. Cartridges are suitable for larger paintings, such as murals.
4. Others: Including drawing boards, easels, sprayers, paint boxes, buckets, scrapers, absorbent sponges, etc.
Second, the steps of acrylic painting
1. Before painting, choose a picture you like as a sample. For beginners, try to choose a simpler one.
2. Start with a pencil. It is generally recommended to start on scratch paper first and then extend it to paper. This will prevent the rubber from rubbing and damaging the paper.
3. After the draft is completed, start coloring, and use a thick brush to paint the base color of the large color block. The first coloring does not need to be too meticulous, and you don’t have to worry if you make a mistake, because the acrylic painting has strong coverage. If you make a mistake, just cover it again.
4. After the rough color block is painted, observe the original image, and then start the second coloring. At this time, we should pay attention to the details, grasp the details well, and the color of the picture will gradually become fuller.
5. Finally, adjust the screen. This process is not a simple tinkering, but a grasp of the overall picture by artistic intuition. Keep a calm attitude, treat your works rationally, try to read more and move less, and only start writing when you feel confident.
3. What should be paid attention to when painting acrylic paintings
1. The acrylic paint is mixed with water, so the drying speed is faster. Once it becomes hard, the paint cannot be used again. Knowing this has a lot to do with painting techniques and the use and maintenance of tools. If the technique needs to be deeply portrayed, an appropriate amount of slow-drying agent (or glycerin) can be added.
2. After using the acrylic paint, you must remember to clean up the paint on the pen in time. If the paint dries on the pen, the brush can basically no longer be used.
3. The transparency of acrylic paint, like other paints, also varies to varying degrees. Some are transparent and have little covering power; some are completely silty, with strong covering power and are very opaque; some are in between. Before painting, it is necessary to have a general understanding of the properties of various pigments.